APIM / SYNC 3
Here you will find a summary about SYNC 3.
All information presented here is collected and I do not give any guarantee of completeness or accuracy.
APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is the module that houses our SYNC 3 (exception SYNC 3 Light – see below). This module is available in different versions and versions.
I haven't found a source to break down the name. So if you discover a mistake somewhere, please let me know and I'll correct it.
Let's get started
Variants APIM module
There are (at least) three variants of the APIM module
- SYNC 3 – Light
- SYNC 3 – Without navigation (8 GB of storage)
- SYNC 3 – With navigation (64 GB of storage)
SYNC 3 – Light (short explanation)
Looks similar to SYNC 3 but has less functionality. Bluetooth connection to the smartphone is required to be able to use some functions.
- Bluetooth connection with smartphone required
- Voice control not available
- B&O Play Sound System Not Usable
- No navigation system
It is important that the SYNC 3 Light does not have an APIM module. The functionality is included in the ACM module!!
Versions APIM module
- Older APIM modules (HB5T, HN1T, JL1T, JL7T, JR3T)
- New APIM modules (1U5T, 3U5T, 4U5T) from model year 2018 (from SYNC version 3.2)
Now some questions will arise where to find the information. You can get it in the service menu of the SYNC3 (Power button + back key at the same time hold down for longer, then stop the started test, select APIM Diagnostics and go to IVSU versions)